Friendly Frog

Quests involving stitching or design work.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

WIP Quest Friendly Frog

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
You are walking in the park with a friend on a cool, calm spring evening. As the yellow sunset slowly melts the day away, crickets begin to chime in the air. In the distance, a pond rests with a glassy exterior. Despite the tranquillity surrounding you, there is something heavy on your mind.

Finally, you cannot contain yourself as you declare loudly, “This project has been a disaster from the beginning! I keep making mistakes and I’m so unhappy with it. I simply don’t know what to do anymore!”

“I know exactly what you mean,” your friend responds, “I have one that’s giving me grief too.”

“Ribbit.”

Your ears perk up at the sound. The frogs must be coming out to enjoy to cool evening air.

“I feel like I need to shove it in a drawer and forget about it. Or maybe just throw it out,” you complain.

“Rippit.”

Your friend nods in agreement, frowning as you both approach the pond.

“RIP IT!”

You both stop in your tracks, starring at the pond. There is a brief pause… just as you are ready to shrug off the strange sound and carry on your walk, a green frog hops in your path.

“AHEM!” the creature croaks, “Sorry, I had a frog in my throat. Ahem! There we go, all clear. I said rip it! Just rip it out if it’s causing you so much grief… also did you see what I did there? I’m a clever frog, aren’t I?”

Your jaws are hanging open in shock, unable to process the scene before you.

“Hey now, close those traps before you catch all the flies! That’s my dinner,” the frog quips, “Come on now, you’ve never talked to a frog before? If you want to be able to finish your project, take my advice. Rip out the part that isn’t working and get back to it!”

Your mouths snap shut and you both nod at the friendly, advice-giving frog. The frog stands on its two hind legs, bows gracefully, then hops back into the pond to pursue dinner.

Your Quest
Many of us probably have WIPs we haven’t picked up in ages because it requires some frogging first and we just can’t bear to do it. Well now’s the time. Frog like it’s your job. No stitching required, just post a photo of the aftermath.

Don’t need any frogging done? What about an old UFO you’re never gonna finish and could repurpose that fabric for something else?

Still no? Stitch a frog.

Resources
A couple of free frog patterns from different designers in case you have nothing to frog. ;)

Cross Stitch Quest - Free Frog Family
Embroiderbee - Frog Fantasy
Rucniprace - Frog, Frog 2
Gvello Stitch - A Small Toad
Llewcieblue - Over the Garden Wall
Devildove - Leaf Frog Bead Sprite

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your work before and after frogging. Or the frog you stitched. Whichever applies ;) Remember to include a link to the pattern if its not your own.

If you did this quest back in June 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, stitch a new one, or both!

Reward
MQ_WIP_FriendlyFrog.png
MQ_WIP_FriendlyFrog.png (3.26 KiB) Viewed 6572 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Alannahold
Monk
Monk
LVL 4
Discord: Alannah#0636

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Friendly Frog

Post by Alannahold »

Example! My turn in for June 2021

"I’d gotten this partially done kit from an op shop cos it was the only place I’d seen 14 ct plastic canvas. So far I’d just been ignoring it and working off the opposite corner "
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

Snapchat-1905891568.jpg
Snapchat-1905891568.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 6522 times
Bushveld Rain Frog by Highland Murr Blackwork

Don't have anything to frog and I needed a quick win while deep in the painkiller fog so I stitched he. He is rotund and I love himb.
Alannahold
Monk
Monk
LVL 4
Discord: Alannah#0636

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Alannahold »

Lumidrell wrote: 28 Oct 2023 13:07 Don't have anything to frog and I needed a quick win while deep in the painkiller fog so I stitched he. He is rotund and I love himb.
He is very lovable
ButternutTheEven
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 2
Discord: IndefinitelyIndigo

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ButternutTheEven »

uggggh it stained my fabric. But hey, now i have more fabric for a teeny full coverage? i could try to lift the stain, too... we shall see
IRL: Indigo, they/them, Lawful Neutral.
IC: Nutty, he/him, Lawful Evil.
Knowledge is power.
Skwishee
Druid
Druid
LVL 3
Discord: Skwishee

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Skwishee »

I wanted to create some cute frogs, so I made a pattern using sprites from Stardew Valley! Spoiler it's from Update 1.6!
Spoiler

Tonnau Arvodir - Circle of Beasts Enthusiast