Revisit a UFO

Quests involving stitching or design work.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

WIP Quest Revisit a UFO

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
Your time in Stitchwind has introduced you to some amazing things. Your fellow Guild members have, on more than one occasion, shown you new projects, sometimes even sending along ones they know you’d specifically love.

You return to your Guild after a day in the markets, a new project in hand, and head up to your room. You are energized for a new project and set immediately to organizing the floss and preparing your fabric.

Just as you settle in to start, you notice something sitting on the shelf in the corner.

An old unfinished project.

Your heart sinks a little. You remember having as much excitement for the unfinished project as you have for the new project in your lap. You set aside the new project and retrieve the old one from the shelf. The thread that had once been all kitted up was now gone, picked through for other projects.

Filled with a new resolve, you decide to work on the unfinished project. Maybe not finish it, but give it some love and attention.

Your Quest
It's time to pull out those abandoned projects. The ones you started a while ago and got distracted by something else and just haven't found the time to get back to it.

If you don't have a UFO, you could choose to start a pattern you've had in your stash for a while and just never got around to starting. Or you could just continue to work on your current project~ Up to you!

The general goal is just to not have to pick up new materials right now, and to feel a bit of productivity.

We are *not* expecting a finish photo! It's gonna be mostly WIPs. But if you manage to finish up an old project that's cool too.

Just set aside 2 hours (or more) to work on your project of choice.
Note that there is also an 'Unfinished Business' quest which is specifically your oldest UFO. You can work on that one again or pick another long forgotten project of yours. :biggrin:

Turn In
All done? Reply here with your before and after photo(s), why this project got put aside for a while, and whether you'll be continuing it next month or putting it away again.

If you did this quest back in May 2020 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, stitch a new one, or both!

Reward
MQ_WIP_RevisitAnUFO.png
MQ_WIP_RevisitAnUFO.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 8136 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Revisit a UFO

Post by Sirithre »

Example! I originally stitched this in 2020 as part of this quest when the RPG was still done mostly on the discord server.
Sirithre_RevisitUFO.jpg
Sirithre_RevisitUFO.jpg (78.06 KiB) Viewed 8134 times
This is the HAED pattern 'Rainforest Fairy', original art by Linda Ravenscroft. It doesn't seem to be available on the site anymore though.

I started it... oh, nearly 20 years ago and it lies untouched for 5+ years at a time.
I immediately put it back away after this. I pick it up every few years just to be reminded of how much I dislike linen, confetti, and full coverage stitches. :biggrin:
Luckily I did this on 28 count with tent stitches, so it goes by much faster. But still. This small bit took SIX HOURS, and believe it or not used 5 colors. (no that beige is not one solid block. it's like... checkerboarded. But not even consistently. Just... speckled. Bleh.

See you again in 2 years, I guess. When I can get into some of the fun bits.
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

1000011955.jpg
1000011955.jpg (8.44 MiB) Viewed 8096 times
Farming Magic SAL by Flossy Fox Shop

It takes me like 3 days tops to do a Farming Magic part usually but unfortunately Baldur's Gate 3 came out. And I'm moving house. I'll probably finish it after that but right now it sits next to my bed judging me.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

This is my second oldest WIP, started October 2020, forgotten for a few years, and I only started working on it again a few weeks ago. I FINALLY got to COLOR and now I just want to keep going to find more COLOR. (HAED Castle View by Alexandra Gavrilova)

This was a little over 2 leisurely hours: 276 stitches for a total of 4.78%
IMG_8900.jpg
IMG_8900.jpg (4.92 MiB) Viewed 8077 times
IMG_8902.jpg
IMG_8902.jpg (3.72 MiB) Viewed 8077 times
Fun fact: my spreadsheet says I'll finish in 2081 at this rate :)
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

That's going to be gorgeous! But omg all that BEIGE. Same reason I put down my HAED :biggrin:
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

Sirithre wrote: 01 Sep 2023 03:54 But omg all that BEIGE.
Blanc and 819 bayyybeeeeeee

For real tho if I EVER do a HAED again there will be careful consideration to not pick one with any flat background
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Clare-Dragonfly
LVL 1

Alignment

Main Quests

Post by Clare-Dragonfly »

I finished my one and only UFO! At least, the embroidery part… I still need to trim the ends, iron the heck out of it, apply a backing, and sew it onto my coat.

This is a kit from Etsy seller BlackbirdsandRabbits.
Attachments
49915182-1A2D-4A16-B306-E07D511A5D70.jpeg
49915182-1A2D-4A16-B306-E07D511A5D70.jpeg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 8011 times
986510DD-957D-4724-BDBC-87048F89DA45.jpeg
986510DD-957D-4724-BDBC-87048F89DA45.jpeg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 8011 times
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

Clare-Dragonfly wrote: 11 Oct 2023 23:52 I finished my one and only UFO! At least, the embroidery part… I still need to trim the ends, iron the heck out of it, apply a backing, and sew it onto my coat.
This is so lovely! Congrats on your finish! :)

And don't worry, Finishing and Fully Finishing are very different things. :biggrin:
DevilAngelWolf27
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
LVL 1
Discord: devilangelwolf27

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

20221027_143346 - last name redacted.jpg
20221027_143346 - last name redacted.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 2523 times
20240415_013330.jpg
20240415_013330.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 2523 times
I forgot to take a photo of the immediately before, honestly thought I had taken a photo when I put it down back in November of 2022. The flowers and like half of the upper body were done when I started back up a couple days ago. I had to put it down because pregnancy carpal tunnel was so bad I couldn't do anything with my hands without excruciating pain, and then by the time it healed afterwards I was too busy working and taking care of our little one that I just never had the time or desire to pick it back up. I've stitched on this for several days now when I have time, and have even acquired a new light and stand to hold my pattern which makes my life easier. I plan to keep going with this until it gets finished finally, especially since it was a birth piece for our daughter (oops, totally not already a year and a half late for that >.>)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

DevilAngelWolf27 wrote: 16 Apr 2024 13:44 I've stitched on this for several days now when I have time, and have even acquired a new light and stand to hold my pattern which makes my life easier. I plan to keep going with this until it gets finished finally, especially since it was a birth piece for our daughter (oops, totally not already a year and a half late for that >.>)
Oh wow, what a cute design! And it's so exciting to see a long running WIP finally making progress, isn't it?
Luckily I don't think your daughter will mind it's a bit late. ;) But it'll be a lovely heirloom piece as she grows, so that's what counts, right?