Mementos to the Past

Quests involving stitching or design work.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Stitching Quest Mementos to the Past

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
Lately, you’ve noticed strange noises echoing through the guildhall at night. It started soft and quiet… barely noticeable. However, as the days pass and new evenings approach, you’ve noticed that the noises are steadily becoming louder and clearer. A forlorn groan sweeps through the halls, followed by in consolable weeping each night. Unable to focus on your stitching, you decide to investigate the sad echoes.

You wander slowly towards the wails through the dimly lit halls. In the common area, you find what you could only describe as a ghost. Approaching cautiously, you softly say, “Hello there.”

The forlorn specter barely acknowledges your presence, too caught up in its inner turmoil.

“Can I help you? Why are you so sad?” you ask, “Do you have some unfinished business?”

This catches the ghost’s attention. It’s sad eyes dart towards you. “Unfinished business, you say?” it cries, “Why yes, I know there is something… but I just…can’t…remember…” its voice trails off into sobs.

“Well,” you start, “Sometimes you have to try and remember where you’ve been before you can figure out where you were going.” This seems to have slightly calmed the ghost. “Here, let me show you where I came from.” Reaching into your pocket, you slide out a handkerchief with your first stitched project you ever completed and present it to the ghost. “This was the first project I ever completed.”

The ghost examines the handkerchief thoughtfully.

“Do you remember your first project?”

“Yes,” the ghost says softly, “I remember.”

“Maybe if we stitch together, you will remember your unfinished business. We could re-stitch our first projects. A memento if you will,” you suggest.

The ghost mulls over this suggestion between sniffles. “You will stitch with me? Each night?”

“Sure,” you respond, “Let’s meet here each night and stitch together. Maybe once we’ve remembered where we started, you’ll remember where you were going.”

The specter seems to smile and nod in agreement. “Alright, let’s start tomorrow,” it says before abruptly vanishing.

prev Story next

Your Quest
This quest is to stitch a piece inspired by one of your first stitched pieces. Just as with beauty is in the eye of the beholder, inspiration is in the interpretation of the individual.

You can restitch the original pattern, incorporating what you’ve learned since the first time. Take your favourite parts and just redo elements from the original. Take the subject matter or theme and do an entirely new piece base around them. Whatever floats your boat.

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your work and a sentence about how it relates to your first piece. Remember to include a link to the pattern if its not your own.

If you did this quest back in August 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, stitch a new one, or both!

Reward
MQ_NS_MementosToThePast.png
MQ_NS_MementosToThePast.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Mementos to the Past

Post by Lumidrell »

Snapchat-2002721037.jpg
Snapchat-2002721037.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 6192 times
Pattern by hunnysHandmade.

My first project was a Vine reference, so I stitched another. I refuse to admit how much I quote it when I'm driving.
Alannahold
Monk
Monk
LVL 4
Discord: Alannah#0636

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Alannahold »

Lumidrell wrote: 25 Jul 2023 17:09 My first project was a Vine reference, so I stitched another. I refuse to admit how much I quote it when I'm driving.
That is a good choice of quotes, what was the first one?
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

Alannahold wrote: 29 Jul 2023 14:12
Lumidrell wrote: 25 Jul 2023 17:09 My first project was a Vine reference, so I stitched another. I refuse to admit how much I quote it when I'm driving.
That is a good choice of quotes, what was the first one?
I posted it in Stitchy Starts, it was "It's ya boi, uh, skinny penis"
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

My first stitch was the Windfish from Link's Awakening, and my favorite NPC is Marin so I edited her sprite so she could do some heart piece collecting! It only took today to stitch and she is very tiny and cute :D
marin.png
marin.png (5.52 MiB) Viewed 6145 times
The pattern is here as a freebie if anyone is interested :)
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
DevilAngelWolf27
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
LVL 1
Discord: devilangelwolf27

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

I'm not sure if this counts (feel free to tell me no if it doesn't) but a year after I made my first stitch I ended up redoing it as a framed piece for my friend's brother since he loved it so much. I ended up changing my corner pieces and adding a Triforce above Ganon. It was my first framed piece and I had a heck of a time framing it
I did just post about the original piece here: Stitchy Starts
ALTTP Picture.JPG
ALTTP Picture.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1912 times
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

DevilAngelWolf27 wrote: 01 May 2024 05:27 I'm not sure if this counts (feel free to tell me no if it doesn't) but a year after I made my first stitch I ended up redoing it as a framed piece for my friend's brother since he loved it so much. I ended up changing my corner pieces and adding a Triforce above Ganon. It was my first framed piece and I had a heck of a time framing it
I did just post about the original piece here: Stitchy Starts
I'd say that totally counts! And what a cool frame you chose. :surprised: