Fabulous Fabric

Quests involving researching, organization, or other tasks.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Scavenger Quest Fabulous Fabric

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
You sit among your guild-mates as the fabrics returned by the dragon are sorted. Each of you has a small stash in front of you as the items are divided to their rightful owners. You notice a piece of fabric in the pile that you had been looking for.

“There it is, I have been searching for this for months!” you declare, holding the item up for your comrades to see.

“Oh, that fabric is beautiful,” one replies, “look at this one my aunt sent me. We thought it was lost forever.”

Soon, everyone is sharing their recovered and newfound treasures.

Continue the Story

Your Quest
This side quest is simply to... take a photo! But not just any photo, we want to see your fabric stash. Big or small. Doesn't matter if they're aida or even-weave, white or coloured, plastic or fabric, fat quarters or scraps.

Gather them all together and take a photo. You could arrange them all neatly and take a sweet Instagram-worthy flat-lay shot. Or dump them in a pile and snap a quick shot. Whatever you've got time for. We won't judge.

This is NOT about whose stash is bigger or smaller. Try not to compare your stash to others! This is just for fun!
Maybe you'll find some fabric you didn't remember you have, help you realize you don't NEED to buy more fabric, or that there's some you want to get rid of. Or maybe you'll realize you tend to lean towards 16ct, prefer neutral colors, or that you should really stop buying more of your favorite color on impulse. :mrgreen:

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your fabric collection! If you've got a moment, tell us which one is your favorite and why!

If you did this quest back in May 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the photo you then then, a new one, or both and see how much of your stash you've managed to work through, or whether it's grown since then!

Reward
SQ_F_FabulousFabric.png
SQ_F_FabulousFabric.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Fabulous Fabric

Post by Sirithre »

Example! Last time I submitted this photo:
SirithreFabulousFabric.jpg
SirithreFabulousFabric.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
It's a bit cluttered, but doesn't include my fat quarters and other fabrics. So this time around I included more of my stash.
20230405_030240.jpg
20230405_030240.jpg (970.6 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
Not to mention an entire bolt of 14 ct white Charles Craft aida :eek:
I still didn't include the stack of plastic canvas and perforated fabric though. That's in my filecabinet.
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

PXL_20230804_090115298.jpg
PXL_20230804_090115298.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 6284 times
I bought so much aida before I learnt I vastly prefer linen.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

So like I have a spreadsheet of all of this but forcing myself to look at it all makes me realize like yeah I should do random smalls on this random fabric I bought without a project in mind.. why else do I have it all??

My favorite impulse buy fabric is the bottom left of the first image: "Charming Autumn" by xJuDesigns. It's such a beautiful fall vibes fabric and it is waiting for the perfect project (I have one in mind but it is .. quite far back in the queue)

Based on the frequencies shown here it seems I like 32ct evenweave and 18ct aida the best. I wish 36ct evenweave (not linen) was more common, it would definitely be my ultimate favorite.
IMG_8892.jpg
IMG_8892.jpg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 6270 times
IMG_8893.jpg
IMG_8893.jpg (3.9 MiB) Viewed 6270 times
Also in the same vein it makes me realize I need a better organization solution so I can see it all easier than piled into a single bag (this is all the same fabric put back after taking photos):
IMG_8894.jpg
IMG_8894.jpg (5.76 MiB) Viewed 6270 times
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

Oh wow, that's a lovely stash!

Since you have a spreadsheet and have at least used airtable in other quests I'd recommend taking individual photos for the airtable and noting down dimensions if you haven't already.
At least so you don't necessarily have to go rummaging through that bag when you're trying to figure out what to put your next project on.

Definitely sounds like it's time to use some of those random fabrics you don't have a specific project for though. :biggrin:
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

Sirithre wrote: 29 Aug 2023 12:49 Oh wow, that's a lovely stash!

Since you have a spreadsheet and have at least used airtable in other quests I'd recommend taking individual photos for the airtable and noting down dimensions if you haven't already.
At least so you don't necessarily have to go rummaging through that bag when you're trying to figure out what to put your next project on.

Definitely sounds like it's time to use some of those random fabrics you don't have a specific project for though. :biggrin:
Thanks! Yeah when I said spreadsheet I meant an airtable table :D For the fresh new cuts I have dimensions, and I have the photos from the shop listing on most of the entries (you're right though, I should really get around to taking photos of all of them...) but I run into problems with the fabric that ends up in weird L shapes because I cut a part out for a project and I haven't come up with a way to record the dimensions of a not-rectangle. Either way tho it's just so different holding and seeing the physical thing and this exercise was greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Mogrann
Barbarian
Barbarian
LVL 3

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Mogrann »

I have nothing to post as I am out of aida cloth.... Hubby went to the local craft store and they were out of the sizes I use. The next size that they had I can't use due to not being able to see. I do have plenty in my cart on Amazon to order but need to wait until payday. To be honest it can not come soon enough.

I will say I have a lot on my Amazon list as I went through plenty of pages to find what liked in reference to color, size (10 11 or 12). The joys of living in a small town :( My local craft store does not even have the gridded Aida cloth and when I asked they had never heard of it and were not willing to look into if they could bring some in.

I will say that due to this I decided to finally organize my floss. OMG that took me a day and a half. Never realized how messed up my organization was until I started.

A bored and frustrated Mogrann lol