Project Projection

Quests involving researching, organization, or other tasks.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Upkeep Quest Project Projection

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
Stitchwind has seen some wonderful changes lately, with the travelling merchant Mishkie, and now the entire town painted in brilliant colours. You start to see other changes too, with new members of the high council greeting you as you go about your day

As you wave off the merchant caravan with some friends a conversation strikes up about what you want to see next in Stitchwind, the city’s always offering new opportunities. It gets you thinking about your own plans for the year and you resolve to head straight to your room to write it all down.

Prev Story next

Your Quest
It's time to organize a little bit. Plan out what projects you want to do in the next few months.
Create and share either a vision board or a list of projects you plan to work on this year. It can be precise as a pattern link with an exact due date or as vague as something for that one friend when you get around to it.

WIPs and new projects all welcome. Plan to finish that UFO you abandoned 5 years ago? Want to just work through your current WIPs? Or maybe you have a stash of patterns you've bought or saved and haven't gotten around to until now. No judgement either way. :)

Resources
If you know of other good resources, share them as well!
  • Inventory Tracking: Cross Stitch Patterns, WIPs, and Materials - Blog by Sirithre outlining her Inventory recommendations, as well as links to other inventory resources she's found. A number of these are good for tracking WIPs and planned projects
  • Canva offers free vision board and other visual templates
  • There are plenty of note taking apps on your phones, or you could just email yourself your ideas so you can refer to them later.
  • Paper and pen is always a valid option as well!
Turn In
All done? Reply here with a link or photo of your list. If you have time, tell us a little about it or share what you used to create that list.

If you did this quest back in February 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, a new one, or both!

Reward
SQ_U_ProjectProjection.png
SQ_U_ProjectProjection.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Alannahold
Monk
Monk
LVL 4
Discord: Alannah#0636

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Project Projection

Post by Alannahold »

Example! Heres my turn in from 2021.
Fun fact, only one of these progressed anywhere and that was the dragon I started for a different quest.
Edit: on closer inspection 2 of the planned to start did move to started
307px-Alannah_Project_Projection.jpg
307px-Alannah_Project_Projection.jpg (50.03 KiB) Viewed 8413 times
"I use trello to keep track to my project plans as well. I have it in the same board as my pattern hoard so I can easily search and then drag them over into my current WIPs pile"
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

image-2.png
image-2.png (13.3 MiB) Viewed 8402 times
I forgot I used to use Trello for this so I updated it. Much more organised than starring all the patterns I might stitch in Google Drive.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

I don't like to commit to anything, and I'm not working on anything with deadlines right now, but I did make a new kanban view on my airtable to vaguely sort out which new starts are on deck and which WIPs are active or resting. I want to finish at least one thing before starting one of the new starts. Not sure which one will be first, whichever strikes my fancy at the time.
Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 13.22.03.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 13.22.03.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 8383 times
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

That bead organizer! :surprised:

I need details.

Edit: Or I could, you know, read the etsy shop name immediately below it.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

Sirithre wrote: 29 Aug 2023 12:51 That bead organizer! :surprised:
That shop has SO many cool things! And now that I'm browsing again like 3 years later it looks like they have even MORE cool things?? I might need to hurry up and finish this bead organizer so I can justify buying one of the thread organizers...
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Mogrann
Barbarian
Barbarian
LVL 3

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Mogrann »

I used the option of pen and paper to organize my WIPs. This was a good thing to do for me as it helped me recognize what I have left and also will help me get them done.
wip list.jpeg
wip list.jpeg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 3258 times
Mogrann
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

Mogrann wrote: 14 Jun 2024 11:11 I used the option of pen and paper to organize my WIPs. This was a good thing to do for me as it helped me recognize what I have left and also will help me get them done.
Love the idea of rolling for WIPs!
(Also your handwriting is so lovely.)
Skwishee
Druid
Druid
LVL 3
Discord: Skwishee

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Skwishee »

I made a tick list of projects to go next to my calendar! These are all patterns I have (or plan to get), its nice to see them all in one place.

The work in progress piece will be counting towards Unfinished Business! Its the oldest and only WIP I have. :eek:
Attachments
20240624_143426.jpg
20240624_143426.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2989 times
Tonnau Arvodir - Circle of Beasts Enthusiast