Needle Minder Mania

Quests involving researching, organization, or other tasks.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Scavenger Quest Needle Minder Mania

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
Amidst all the excitement of the festival, you run into a travelling merchant. Calling themselves Mishkie, they explain they heard of our festival and travelled from afar to see what Stitchwind has to offer. They are a collector of various notions with a proclivity for needle minders.

“Hello, my friend,” Mishkie says, “Share with me the ways of Stitchwind… and perhaps we can find a way for everyone at this festival to benefit. I prefer to dabble in reciprocity rather than the pursuit of wealth. I have a keen interest in all items, new or old, used or unused.”

Reaching into your pocket, you grasp for anything that might pique the interest of this mysterious merchant. You pull out your needle minder that bears the crest of your guild and hold it out proudly.

Intrigued, Mishkie examines the item, and declares, “Yes, I believe Stitchwind will have much to offer."

Prev Story next

Your Quest
We want to see your needle minders! This quest is simply to gather them up and take a photo to share with us. It doesn't matter if you only have one, or if you have a massive collection.

Don't use needle minders? We want to see what you DO use. Biscornus, pincushions, whatever you prefer.

This is NOT a contest, just a fun glimpse into other people's craft stash. Have fun!

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your collection! If you've got a moment, tell us which one is your favorite and why!

If you did this quest back in January 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the photo you took then, take a new one, or both!

Reward
SQ_F_NeedleMinderMania.png
SQ_F_NeedleMinderMania.png (396 Bytes) Viewed 9862 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Needle Minder Mania

Post by Sirithre »

As an example, here's my collection from Jan 2021. Unsurprisingly, I have a lot more biscornu and minders now. :mrgreen:

I mostly use biscornu tbh, but I do have a few needleminders. And there's a random pin drum and humbug in there too.
Sirithre_Needle_Minder_Mania.jpg
Sirithre_Needle_Minder_Mania.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 9861 times
Not pictured: the 20+ stardew crops that are on my fridge instead, and the stock of 30 or so of each of the guild minders I haven't sold yet
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

PXL_20230724_054423848.jpg
PXL_20230724_054423848.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 9855 times
I use the server rack I bought for my (abandoned before it ever really started) homelab for my needle minder storage, which makes it very nice to look at. My favourites are the big Pokemon ones from Melee Missy Stitchery.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

I took a bunch off of projects to put them into the photo and right after I put them all back I realized I had missed at least 2... oh well haha :D They're all so cute I'm not sure I could pick a favorite, but I love the pokemon gameboy particularly, and the mermaid cat looks just like my mom's sweet little 19 year old kitty.
IMG_8890.png
IMG_8890.png (12.68 MiB) Viewed 9833 times
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
DevilAngelWolf27
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
LVL 1
Discord: devilangelwolf27

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

So I only have 3 needle minders and a biscornu I made. If I remember correctly I think I was inspired to try to make one when Sirithre was streaming about making one years ago, but I messed it up by overstuffing it xD Before I got needle minders I used my biscornu all the time but then I discovered the joy of needle minders and haven't used it since. My favorite is probably Calcifer, but I also really like my soot sprite and phoenix. I normally use two at a time so I can keep a spare needle on the second one to help lay stitches while I lay the threaded needle back onto the first one.
All three needle minders came from GingerStitchAu
Needleminders and Biscornu.jpg
Needleminders and Biscornu.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 6478 times
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

DevilAngelWolf27 wrote: 03 May 2024 01:54 So I only have 3 needle minders and a biscornu I made. If I remember correctly I think I was inspired to try to make one when Sirithre was streaming about making one years ago, but I messed it up by overstuffing it xD Before I got needle minders I used my biscornu all the time but then I discovered the joy of needle minders and haven't used it since. My favorite is probably Calcifer, but I also really like my soot sprite and phoenix. I normally use two at a time so I can keep a spare needle on the second one to help lay stitches while I lay the threaded needle back onto the first one.
Not a mess up! It looks great! You WANT to overstuff it! It'll get compressed with time as you use it.
DevilAngelWolf27
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
LVL 1
Discord: devilangelwolf27

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

Sirithre wrote: 03 May 2024 01:57
DevilAngelWolf27 wrote: 03 May 2024 01:54 So I only have 3 needle minders and a biscornu I made. If I remember correctly I think I was inspired to try to make one when Sirithre was streaming about making one years ago, but I messed it up by overstuffing it xD Before I got needle minders I used my biscornu all the time but then I discovered the joy of needle minders and haven't used it since. My favorite is probably Calcifer, but I also really like my soot sprite and phoenix. I normally use two at a time so I can keep a spare needle on the second one to help lay stitches while I lay the threaded needle back onto the first one.
Not a mess up! It looks great! You WANT to overstuff it! It'll get compressed with time as you use it.
Oh this thing is definitely overstuffed :lol: I used it so much and it hasn't compressed, there's just too much dang filling in it xD I actually lost a needle in it once, spent an hour trying to find the lost needle until I realized the biscornu ate it
Thicc boi biscornu.jpg
Thicc boi biscornu.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 6474 times
Mogrann
Barbarian
Barbarian
LVL 3

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Mogrann »

I put my needle minders on my blackwork project I started yesterday.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=270
Attachments
needle minders
needle minders
needle minders.jpeg (6.52 MiB) Viewed 5876 times
PumpkinTheOdd
Fighter
Fighter
LVL 1
Discord: jzsketch

Alignment

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by PumpkinTheOdd »

I have nice little selection of needleminders and my Beescornu (which was designed by me o3o) The mushroom minder and gnome were gifted by a friend, I made the soot sprite cookie, hot cross bun and tortoro, I also turned the ghost and nightwish owl pins into minders myself, the others were bought, the little cookie tin is funtional and I opened it for the photo.
Last edited by PumpkinTheOdd on 10 Jun 2024 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
ButternutTheEven
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 2
Discord: IndefinitelyIndigo

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ButternutTheEven »

This is my teeny collection of needle minders that have spoken to me. the magnet need re-gluing on the dumpster fire, sadly.
IRL: Indigo, they/them, Lawful Neutral.
IC: Nutty, he/him, Lawful Evil.
Knowledge is power.