Scissor Soiree

Quests involving researching, organization, or other tasks.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Scavenger Quest Scissor Soiree

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
The lack of fabric in Stitchwind has led many to get very creative in order to keep stitching (you even heard about someone who was desperate enough to stitch on a cracker!).

You continue to look for something to fulfill the itch to stitch, when one of your guild mates finds you.

‘There’s been a summoning of the guilds,’ he says.

‘Okay,’ you say as you stand. But then the realization of what they said hits you. ‘Wait...all the guilds?’

He nods.

In all your time in Stitchwind, you have never heard of all the guilds being called together like this. It seems as though your suspicions after the last guild meeting were right.

Sensing the urgency from the rest of your guild, everyone sets out together to meet with the other guilds and the High Council.

It doesn’t take long for people to settle in and wait, all curious as to why everyone was summoned. You see the guilds mingling together. You see a couple of melee and agility guild members competing at a speed stitch after the melee members boasted about their swiftness. In another small grouping, you see a magic member showing some of the other guilds the magic of backstitching. You can’t help but smile, loving the comradery of all the guilds.

It was then that the High Council steps forward and a hush falls upon all that were gathered. The wizard leader of the magic guild takes another step to address the guilds.‘Thank you for your haste in getting here,’ she says. ‘To get to the point of this meeting, we’re addressing everyone’s missing fabrics. It is the work of a dragon, one that we’ve dealt with before.’

Whispers fill the area, full of excitement and concern about a dragon.

‘Since the stashes went missing,’ continues the wizard, ‘we’ve been ensuring that this won’t happen again. The Melee Guild has been accompanying new fabric shipments into the city. The Magic Guild has been working on wards to make sure the city’s stashes will be safe from any future attempts of theft. And lastly the Agility Guild has been in search of the dragon’s lair and I believe they have some news on that front.’

Both of the Agility leaders step forward and the rogue addresses the crowd. ‘Thank you,’ she says. ‘Indeed we’ve had some of our rangers and druids searching the forests and mountain passes for this stash stealing dragon. And we did manage to find it, but there’s a problem. The path is blocked by a Shadowbill Bowergryphon.’ The other Magic Guild leader, the warlock, speaks up at that point. ‘Wait…’ she says. ‘Which Bowergryphon?’

‘Arnold,’ replies the rogue.

‘Oh...poor baby Arnie.’

The rogue smiles a bit then nods and continues. ‘He seems to be gathering scissors to decorate his nesting area,’ she says. ‘So, we’ll need everyone’s help. Gather up your scissor collections and bring them to the path Arnie is blocking. He’s an excitable fella, and just seeing tons of scissors should get him motivated to get a move on back to his nesting area and leaving the path open for us to confront the dragon.’

Eager to get the stash back, everyone starts to head back to their own guilds. Your mind races as you head home. First you get to help with a bowergryphon, then to deal with a dragon! You never thought moving to Stitchwind would lead to so many adventures, but now it seems as though you are in the thick of it.

Continue the Story

Your Quest
This quest is simply to... take a photo! But not just any photo, we want to see your scissor collection. Big or small. Doesn't matter if they're fancy stork-shaped embroidery scissors, plain sewing shears, scrapbooking edge scissors, or kid-friendly crayola scissors. Or all of the above!

Whether you're just a cross stitcher or are into other crafts chances are you've got a few scissors scattered around the house. Gather them all together and take a photo. You could arrange them all neatly and take a sweet Instagram-worthy flatlay shot. Or dump them in a pile and snap a quick shot. Whatever you've got time for. We won't judge.

This is NOT about whose stash is bigger or smaller. Try not to compare your stash to others! This is just for fun!

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your scissor collection! If you've got a moment, tell us which one is your favorite and why!

If you did this quest back in June 2020 on the discord feel free to re-submit the photo you took then, a new one, or both to see how your collection has grown!

Reward
SQ_F_ScissorSoiree.png
SQ_F_ScissorSoiree.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 5452 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Scissor Soiree

Post by Sirithre »

Example! Here's all the scissors I had on hand back in June 2020.
Sirithre_ScissorSoiree.jpg
Sirithre_ScissorSoiree.jpg (74.07 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
And while I still have those larger scissors, here's at least a newer shot of just my small embroidery scissors hanging over my desk
MMTM27.jpg
MMTM27.jpg (785.61 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

Picsart_23-08-04_19-07-59-508.jpg
Picsart_23-08-04_19-07-59-508.jpg (5.92 MiB) Viewed 5441 times
I stay at 3 different houses in a week so my scissors are spread out all over the place. I love using the curved silver ones most.
ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 3
Discord: professorcactus

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by ClueOfTheBrokeNeedle »

I'm not 100% sure this is all of them but it's definitely most. The sharpest ones are the owl scissors, so they're my favorite to use and can cut suuuuper close to the fabric. I love the little tiny ones (shown here is a green one, but I have a few more) I take them with me in my carry on while traveling and security has never cared.
IMG_8891.png
IMG_8891.png (14.7 MiB) Viewed 5427 times
Saffron (Saff) Marbleblossom (she/they) the halfling wizard
Mogrann
Barbarian
Barbarian
LVL 3

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Mogrann »

I only have the two pair one is for cutting fabric and the other is for floss.
sci.jpg
sci.jpg (185.38 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
Mogrann
Skwishee
Druid
Druid
LVL 3
Discord: Skwishee

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Skwishee »

I never realised, but I have quite the variety of scissors!

Sirithre I love your little storks on the magnet strip! And those scrap thread jars are adorable.
Attachments
IMG_20240625_111336.jpg
IMG_20240625_111336.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1782 times
Tonnau Arvodir - Circle of Beasts Enthusiast