Color Kaleidoscope

Quests involving stitching or design work.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Stitching Quest Color Kaleidoscope

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
Now that you have intrigued Mishkie, they have decided to accompany you for a tour of Stitchwind. As you show the merchant around, a thought starts to form in your mind. Our home is great, but it looks plain! Wood and stone, stone and wood – there's no variation!

After a busy day, you unwind at the local tavern. You mention your passing thought from the afternoon’s tour over drinks with your comrades. The comment is like wildfire, spreading so fast that no one (except you) remembers who said it.

The idea catches on quickly to decorate in ways that have never been seen before. Overnight, the warm wood tones of the tavern become a mix of blues and purples. the cold stone of other buildings become pink, red, orange. Everywhere there are palettes like never before!

Prev Story

Your Quest
We are returning to color theory and asking you to step outside your color comfort zone! Rather than swapping out colors to suit your aesthetic we're recommending you stitch something with colors you don't often stitch with!

Is there a particular palette you gravitate towards? Maybe you love bright and colorful projects. Perhaps you enjoy dark or monochromatic palettes. Find a small freebie pattern or a pattern you already have that has a color palette you do not typically use. It doesn't have to be very large at all.

If you have a pattern you like but follows the theme you usually use, feel free to swap the colors out! This might be a good time to try out a variegated thread from your stash! If you don’t have any variegated thread, that’s okay too!

Resources
Here's a few tutorials we've found on how to swap out colors on a cross stitch pattern. If you know of others, let us know!

Pixel Stitch's Tutorial
Peacock & Fig's Tutorial (Includes a video)
Lord Libidan's Tutorial
Red Tansy's Tutorial
And heres some infomation and inspiration about different colour palettes
Wildolive's "Embroidery Basics Choosing Colors"
Pinterest - Cross Stitch Color Palettes

Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your finished piece and why you chose it! Please include link to the original pattern when possible!

If you did this quest back in February 2021 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, stitch a new one, or both!

Reward
MQ_NS_ColorKaleidoscope.png
MQ_NS_ColorKaleidoscope.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Alannahold
Monk
Monk
LVL 4
Discord: Alannah#0636

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Color Kaleidoscope

Post by Alannahold »

Example! I made this back in Febuary 2021 for the quest
450px-Alannah_Color_Kaleidoscope.jpg
450px-Alannah_Color_Kaleidoscope.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 2876 times
"I tend to use a mix of colours in a work but if I’m keeping to a range it’s more likely to be purple or blue 2 over 1, 14 ct plastic canvas Pattern"

More updated photo (March 2021)
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Color Kaleidoscope

Post by Lumidrell »

Snapchat-1972491816.jpg
Snapchat-1972491816.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2859 times
Pokemon Generations I - VII by BorisDeSigning

I tend to use every colour but green so I quickly stitched this up.