Color Theory

Quests involving researching, organization, or other tasks.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Scavenger Quest Color Theory

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
You've been picking through the mess of threads for a while now and just can't seem to find colors that work together. You think you've finally found a few that you could use for one of the patterns in the book, but you're still not quite sure if they look right.

"Hmm. Maybe a lighter shade of blue would work well with that." You jump, startled at the sudden voice behind you. Someone must have seen the look of concentration on your face and decided you could use a hand.

You turn to find a young woman smiling broadly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle. I was just trying to figure out who got stuck finally sorting out this mess of thread."

Glancing over at the one who had put you to work, you shrug. "Ah, you're new here then. That's cool too. Though... maybe I can help."

Before you can say anything, she's started walking off, motioning you to follow. You hesitate briefly, but decide to follow her. Soon finding yourself in a large library covered wall to ceiling in all sorts of books. Other guild members coming and going, searching the shelves, or sitting at one of the many tables already face first in a book.

You watch as she glances this way and that as if considering which way to go, then motions towards a shelf along the back wall.

Reading the spines on the shelf you find that most of the books on the wall are art books. This particular section being entirely about color theory. She pulls a couple of books down and hands them to you.

"That big one is pretty useful for figuring out which colors complement each other. The smaller one just has a bunch of examples of color palettes to help you get inspired. Shouldn't take long to find something that fits your pattern, I'd think. Just leave the books on the table when you're done. Someone will put them away."

You smile at her, express your appreciation, and sit down to get to work.

Continue the story

Your Quest
It's time to think outside of an existing pattern! Just choosing some colors that look nice together is a great first step towards designing your own. Or re-designing someone else's!

Your quest is simply to take a picture of 5-10 thread colors you think go well together.

These could chosen at 'random' from your stash, or could be based on a photo you like. You could even base it off an item you own.

Maybe you have a shirt or something with a cool colorful pattern and can find similar colors in thread. Whatever inspires you!

This may help you or others come up with ideas for color schemes to use for the Color Swap or Inspired by Color quests if anyone still hasn't picked theirs!

Resources
If you know of other good resources, share them with us as well!
Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your chosen thread. For easy reference by others, make sure your color numbers are visible in the photo, or that you include them in your post. (or both!)

If you did this quest back in January 2020 on the discord feel free to re-submit the colors you picked then, pick new ones, or both!

Reward
SQ_F_ColorTheory.png
SQ_F_ColorTheory.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 4773 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Color Theory

Post by Sirithre »

Example! As this quest was originally posted in January of 2020, I ended up theming my color palette based on my 2019 planner as I was quite sad to see it go.
1024px-Sirithre_ColorTheory.jpg
1024px-Sirithre_ColorTheory.jpg (135.48 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
DMC 602, 603, 3821, 913, 3810, 3848, 939, and B5200
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Post by Lumidrell »

Snapchat-669337433.jpg
Snapchat-669337433.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4761 times
Going for Barbie vibes with this one.
B5200, 3708, 3845, 208, 726
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Post by Sirithre »

Lumidrell wrote: 25 Jul 2023 06:33 Going for Barbie vibes with this one.
B5200, 3708, 3845, 208, 726
Oh wow you nailed that barbie palette!
Mogrann
Barbarian
Barbarian
LVL 3

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Mogrann »

floss.jpg
floss.jpg (207.68 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
In case people can't see the numbers (DMC) they are left to right:
3766, 3325, 3839, 3846, 3844, 3765, 959, 3814, 3818, 3345.
Skwishee
Druid
Druid
LVL 3
Discord: Skwishee

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Post by Skwishee »

I fancy some sea blues with a splash of green and purple.
Attachments
IMG_20240624_130257.jpg
IMG_20240624_130257.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 2412 times
Tonnau Arvodir - Circle of Beasts Enthusiast