Unconventional Canvas

Quests involving stitching or design work.
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Stitching Quest Unconventional Canvas

Post by Sirithre »

Setting
You awake one morning, hearing commotion outside your room. You stretch and get up, wanting to know what all the fuss was about.

‘Yours too?’ you hear as you open your door.

‘All of it!’ says one of your guild mates. ‘Not a single piece left.’

‘What’s going on?’ you ask, seeing that most of your guild was gathered in the common area.

‘Everyone’s cloth, it’s all gone,’ explains one of them. ‘There’s not a piece of aida, evenweave, or linen left. It all just...vanished in the middle of the night.’

Without another word, you rush back to your room. To your horror, your precious stash of stitching cloth is entirely missing. You return to the others, confirming that your stash too had been taken.

It doesn’t take long until the entire guild is awake and concerned for the missing hoard of fabric. You begin to hear rumors that the other two guilds had been hit as well.

It also doesn’t take long until your Guild Leaders are standing before everyone.

‘It has come to our attention about everyone’s missing stashes,’ says one of the Leaders. ‘We have looked into it and we have con-’

‘Decided that it is simply another challenge for you all,’ says the second Leader before the first could continue. ‘You’re all crafty people, now is the time to test just how crafty you all are. There are plenty of...unconventional things out there that you could stitch on. It’s time to improvise.’

You see the two exchange a brief, yet tense, glance to each other.

The rest of the Guild seems to accept their explanation.

‘Get to it,’ says the second Guild Leader. ‘For now, the High Council will be meeting. We’ll return soon.’

With that, the Leaders leave.

You and the guild mate beside you watch as the two Leaders leave.

‘The High Council is meeting on the same day this all happens?’ she says, shaking her head. ‘Something has happened…’

You can’t help but agree.

Continue the Story

Your Quest
Many of us are either running low on aida or are waiting on our latest order to get through the mail. Well that's okay, because for this quest you won't need any! No evenweave. No linen.

It's time for you to improvise! You can stitch on basically anything if you put your mind to it... and are willing to poke holes into it. So now's your chance. Get creative! Whatever you have on hand. The crazier the better.

You could use an old sieve or colander. Maybe you have a pegboard to spruce up with some thread. Perhaps you'll drill some holes into a wooden crate. Or poke holes into some cardboard. Pretty much anything is fair game! You can use yarn if you need thicker thread, too

Resources
Here's some tutorials and examples to get you brainstorming what you're going to stitch on.
Turn In
All done? Reply here with a photo of your finished project. Let us know what you ended up stitching on, and don't forget to link your pattern source!

If you did this quest back in June 2020 on the discord feel free to re-submit the piece you did then, stitch a new one, or both!

Reward
MQ_NS_UnconventionalCanvas.png
MQ_NS_UnconventionalCanvas.png (3.23 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
Once you've turned in your project, please wait patiently. A council member will assign you the appropriate item soon. :)
Sirithre
Wizard
Wizard
LVL 10
Discord: Sirithre

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Re: Unconventional Canvas

Post by Sirithre »

Example! Back in 2020 I ended up stitching on my watch band!
800px-Sirithre_UnconventionalCanvas.jpg
800px-Sirithre_UnconventionalCanvas.jpg (63.58 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
There wasn't much room for a design so I just alternated colors. Intentionally sparse coverage so as to not add too much bulk under the band when wearing it. Overall I'm happy with it though! :biggrin:
Lumidrell
Paladin
Paladin
LVL 4
Discord: Lumidrell

Alignment

Main Quests

Side Quests

Player Quests

Guild Quests

Re: Unconventional Canvas

Post by Lumidrell »

Snapchat-1032428554.jpg
Snapchat-1032428554.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 2457 times
I got this leather luggage tag and passport cover from Chasing Threads, which came with a 3D style alphabet.

Typing with my thumb is incredibly painful right now, even after I busted out the motorcycle gloves. The vegan leather set I got for my partner was a hell of a lot easier to stitch on.